Intrado's Response Related to COVID-19
A letter from John Shlonsky
We recognize we are faced with an unprecedented situation as we deal with the global COVID-19 pandemic. Never have we faced an event that has simultaneously impacted the entire global population so profoundly.
At Intrado, we take global business continuity and employee safety very seriously. We want to reassure our clients that the Intrado services they rely upon will continue to perform uninterrupted. We realize that our clients will have additional reliance on our service during this period and may need higher capacity than normal.
Our business continuity plans are in place to safeguard the continuation of services to our global customer base during this pandemic. Our infrastructure and staffing have been engineered to be highly resilient and flexible to support our operations even in the face of widespread global challenges. We are following regional and local recommendations and guidelines to protect the safety of our personnel. Additionally, our colleagues can work remotely to ensure they are able to support our clients as normal.
Our customer service centers, and our data centers, are in multiple locations across the Globe spread between Americas, EMEA and APAC. All sites are interconnected via resilient global networks. Multiple instances of our voice, meeting, and contact center solutions are maintained across these regions, adding further redundancy. In the event that any infections are experienced by our team, each site has its own continuity and contingency plans to ensure continuation of services to our customer base via our global network. We have added additional capacity for our clients and colleagues to ensure we can support this unprecedented situation. We have also enhanced our capacity and stability monitoring so we timely and accurately know our usage, and can act rapidly if needed. Additionally, we have enforced enhanced IT change management so that only critical changes are implemented.
Our Crisis Management Team (CMT) is leading our effort globally to ensure speed and consistency of action to deal with client and colleague issues. We recognize our clients rely upon us and may face an increased need to leverage our solutions to enhance their business continuity plans and enable their employee base to work remotely. Rest assured the Intrado platforms and network are scaled to handle the additional volume that you may require to support your expanding needs.
We will continue to monitor the situation and make appropriate adjustments, if necessary, to provide seamless service for all our clients.
President & Chief Executive Officer,
How is Intrado responding to the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Intrado has an established Business Continuity Preparedness and Response Plan for Pandemic which addresses declaration, notification and activation guidelines, key roles and responsibilities (Crisis Management, Executive Level, Business Segment, and Operational Leadership), and recovery strategies.
- The focus of the plan is to ensure essential / critical services and processes continue during a pandemic event. Recovery strategies include working from home, transferring processes to another location, relocating assets, and temporarily suspending non-critical services.
- In response to COVID-19, Intrado’s Crisis Management Team meets daily with key Senior and Operational Leaders to assess the current World Health Organization (WHO), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and Singapore’s Disease Outbreak Response System Condition (DORSCON) Alert Levels, communications, declarations, and advisories, as well as local status of Intrado offices across the globe.
- Intrado evaluates potential impacts of COVID-19 within Intrado facilities as necessary and on a case-by-case basis. Triggers for activation include:
- Engagement at the local level with public health agencies
- Local and state office disaster declarations
- WHO, CDC, and DORSCON declarations and advisories
- Intrado continuously validates remote access capacity, bandwidth, and satisfactory authentication mechanisms to meet critical operational requirements to ensure viable remote workforce capabilities.
What precautionary measures has Intrado implemented?
Intrado actively monitors communications and advisories from WHO, CDC, and DORSCON, among others. At the local level, Intrado is engaging with public health agencies in relevant regions and adjusting responses to the impacts of COVID-19 within Intrado facilities as necessary on a case-by-case basis. This includes providing colleagues with awareness and resources related to response and planning, implementing travel bans to high-risk locations, as well as offering the option to work from home.
Employee safety and well-being are of utmost importance to Intrado as well as continued support to our customers. Therefore, the following measures have been implemented:
- Suspended all non-client-essential travel across Intrado.
- Permitting most team members to work from home who have the ability to do so without operational disruption.
- Where possible, business meetings with vendors and other third parties will be conducted via collaborative tools or phone, rather than face-to-face.
- Scheduled additional office cleanings for all Intrado sites around the globe.
Advised employees to follow social distancing guidelines and personal hygiene recommendations including but not limited to the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wash hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home if you feel unwell and seek medical attention if you exhibit symptoms of the flu or COVID-19
Has Intrado's supply chain been impacted?
Intrado is not currently experiencing impacts or delays in its supply chain as a result of COVID-19. Intrado determines the country of origin for all critical products and services and, where appropriate, assesses supply availability and identifies possible alternate suppliers in case of supply chain disruption. This includes suppliers tasked with performing critical support functions overseas.
Are Intrado vendors prepared?
Intrado vendors are contractually obligated to implement business continuity plans to support the services they provide and to ensure continued operations. As part of the Intrado due diligence process, Intrado requires its vendors to attest their control structure on an annual basis. In addition, Intrado contracts with multiple vendors for critical services.
Will Intrado continue to provide updates relating to the COVID-19 pandemic?
Intrado will communicate the steps being taken to ensure colleague safety and system integrity, as necessary and in proportion to the severity level of the incident. We will continue to monitor the situation and make appropriate adjustments, as necessary, to ensure seamless service for all our customers.
Solutions to Help Your Team and Business Respond to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Provide Safe Work from Home Support
We can enable you to conduct video meetings that allow a face to face experience without compromising safety. Leverage our collaboration solutions to keep your teams engaged and productive. Get the word out to larger groups and conduct meetings for up to 150 people at a time. Expand your call-center operations with at-home agents.
Go Green & Be Safe – Host Virtual Events
We can help you bring your in-person event online. Live Virtual Events provide a secure environment in which you can drive audience engagement, reduce your carbon footprint, scale globally, and quickly get up and running. Go 100% virtual or add a hybrid extension to your in-person event.
Solutions For Remote Learning Needs.
With many schools moving to remote learning approaches due to COVID-19, Intrado can help ensure your students remain safe, engaged, and productive through a set of remote classroom technologies.
Keep your Company informed through Mass Communications
We can help you send time sensitive updates in any language on multiple devices through voice, SMS text, or email.
Quickly and Effectively Respond to Emergencies
We want to help create safe environments through our end-to-end safety incident management solution which help organizations prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies with robust capabilities and connection to the 9-1-1 infrastructure.
Keep Employees Informed, Engaged, and in Sync
Communicate your most important company information quickly and effectively through an engaging webcast solution. We can help you share news, broadcast with interactivity, and connect employees.
Give Employees access to Health Experts
We want to help keep employees informed with access to health and well-being experts who can help employees navigate the healthcare system and manage the stress associated with concerns around COVID-19.